Final Magazine Planning

     Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog! In todays post, I'm going to be letting you guys know how I plan to organize and plan the construction of the final phases of my magazine. 

Image from: Canva

    When it comes to the cover page, i found the inspiration i took from several magazines as well as my research to help begin the process. First i decided to utilize a close up shot of my subject as my cover page, as it definitely was the aesthetic of what i was going for. I decided to complete my cover page first as although yes, it did come first sequentially in a magazine, doing it first was important for my planning as it gave me a overall aesthetic for how the rest of the aspects (table of contents, double page feature story) should look. 

    Next with my table of contents, I decided to complete that later during midday and also wanted to use a similar vibe as that of the cover page. However, knowing what i want the layout the information to look like, I still struggle in deciding if i want a blank page as the back ground or the picture shown below:


     And finally, i had to plan for my double page feature story. To plan for it, i first wrote the draft for my official feature story. I had to meet with my subject, Sofia Chavez, and had to get my photoshoot done. We  decided to have our photoshoot done in South Pointe Park in Miami. We also got our interview done shortly after. This was important as her quotes are what I would actually use for my story. 

     Well that’s it for the planning folks, stay tuned for next blogs where i show you all the final products!

Comments